Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Down by the river...


I recevied a sign today that I need to return to blogging. I was driving into practice and the Standells' "Love that Dirty Water" was on the radio just as the sun was coming up along the Charles. Days before, we got word that the Charles River swim is on for July. So if that weren't enough to motivate me to get to practice and post our workouts, my friends have become confused. I get emails like "how many yards did we do today?" and "what was the workout on Monday?" and "how did Sputnik motivate research and technology in American higher education?". Wait. Maybe I am the one who is confused. So to help me return to normal I am back after taking a few weeks off to focus on schoolwork. A little worse for the wear, but excited to start getting back in shape!

300 swim on own
200 drill/swim by 50
200 stroke/free by 5-
2 x 150 drill/swim
2 x 200 pull on 3:10
Main set: 22 100's!!
1-5 fast on 1:20
6-9 fly/back by 50 on 2:00
10-14 free going fast 3rd 50 on 1:25
15-18 breast/free on 2:05
19-22 hold pace on 1:30

Tiring!!! But a good job by all. Enjoy the 85 degree day ahead.

3 comments:

  1. I love those 100's when the 3rd 50 is fast. Very relaxing.

    Yes, your blogging is a little rusty after the lay-off, but in a couple weeks you'll have shaken off the rust and be blogging in mid-season form, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!

    Just a little reminder for happy cohesion/lane unity especially if you are new to a lane: A warm up is just that, A WARMUP

    No sense BLASTING out the warm up and swimming up the legs of your lane mates only to DIE during the main set unable to hold the interval

    tisk tisk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss E, you should have seen early on that this was going to happen. Next time, just make him go behind you from the start. Helps pacing!

    ReplyDelete