Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It doesn't just apply to Vegas...


Warning: this blog entry may be upsetting to small children and clean freaks.

While we love to joke "what happens in the pool stays in the pool", we are mostly talking about the conversations we have on deck or between sets. Yet today the phrase took on a whole new (and disturbing) meaning. I don't know how this happened, but there was a giant hairball at the bottom of the pool, in our lane, just before the diving well. I mean GIANT. Was there some kind of cat swimming party at the pool last weekend? Did people clean out their brushes or something? And how did all of the hair get together? It's gross, really, and I feel kind of bad writing about it. But making it worse was BB who dove down to really find out if it was a hairball. In doing so, it broke into two. Awesome. Maybe the vaccum is broken or the net thing that catches those things wasn't long enough. Unfortunately this wasn't the only ugly thing at the pool today. My new suit (courtesy of Mo, who didn't want it) was unanimously voted the ugliest suit on deck. I even said to E in the locker room "I'm going to hear it today with this on" and sure enough, I did. My lanemates are nothing if not predictably honest. But we had great mojo in the lane today. Everyone but C was present and accounted for. Nice!

3 x 100 kick,drill, stroke, swim
4 x 100 gallop, swim
1 x 100 on 1:55
2 x 100 on 1:50
3 x 100 on 1:45
2 x 100 on 1:50
1 x 100 on 1:55
THEN:
27 minute swim straight!

The gold stars go to KBB and IW, who finished the whole thing. Silver star to Dr. Bob who kind of did, bronze to Jason and Rachel who were at least in the pool at the end, and a variety of colored ribbons to the rest of us who stayed between 15 (SB) and 20 (BB) minutes. It's just like a kid swim meet - we are all winners.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could comment, but I'm sleeping under my desk after BB dusted me on the 1st 100 meters of the timed swim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny blog today. The hair ball was very offensive.

    Steve-I had paddles on. It makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete