Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Resolutions


If you want proof that new years resolutions exist, stop by the Z Center or, more specifically, try to shower or dry your hair in the ladies locker room. We needed a traffic cop in there today. And I actually signed up for a treadmill at 6am, and even though E thought I was nuts, the whole bank filled up during the morning. And the pool was crazy crowded, though no L3 regulars were present today. So the good news is that everyone has set goals for the year. My own personal goals took a little hit yesterday, just one day after officially setting them. I did NOT win the lottery for the Chesapeake Bay 4.4 mile swim. BB, however, did win the lottery so he will be training and racing in June. I will be the good lanemate and swallow my sorrow and disappointment while helping him train. Plus, who wants to do a silly little race in cold water, across the Chesapeake, with tons of open water swimmers, and potential to get bitten by fish or run into the bridge? Ok, I do. Bummer.

I did not swim today, but E and I swam on Saturday and love this workout:

500 warmup
10 x 200 going:
200 free on 3:00
200 IM on 3:30
200 pull on 3:00
repeat 3 times then
200 choice
cool down

It's amazing how a simple set of 200s can go so fast, but they do. It's fun to mix it up within the set, prevents boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment