Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Color my pool


Some days I am inspired to blog (see yesterday, I cracked myself up which is always fun) and other days it just doesn't happen. That is where my brother Dan comes in to inspire me. He posed this question to me: how would you describe the color at the bottom of the pool? I say aqua, but I am sure LL Bean would call it tropical island or some weird name. And why is it always blue? Why not purple? Or yellow? Would it be gross and feel slimy to have it green? It seems stereotypical to always say blue when water isn't blue at all, it is clear (correct me if I am wrong here.) It is something to ponder, for sure, especially since I had nothing else today. But, my favorite part of the workout was seeing the look on KBBs face when he saw the workout, or the intervals, or both. It was a mixture of disgust and resignation. But he did JUST fine and ended up strong!

Here we go:

4 x 100 alternating drill/swim
4 x 50 twice thru free/back/breast/fly
2 x 50 on :45
50 easy
3 x 50 on :45
50 easy
4 x 50 on :45
50 easy
Main:
8 x 200
1-4 on 3:15
5-8 on 3:25

Bill G. joined us on the first four, and we held 2:55s, then eased into the last four (he had to go and "lift" - I hope we can double check that!)and held 3:00 with the rest. It was just KBB and the gals, nice job by all.

1 comment:

  1. That was not disgust or resignation. That was just prepping my face for the expression of agony I would feel trying to keep up.....

    ReplyDelete