Monday, June 1, 2009

Lima beans


I remember walking into the Evening Street Elementary School cafeteria and smelling that dreaded smell. It was the vegetable of the day and it was called "succotash." The primary ingredient was lima beans. I think it was served with a dish called "johnny marzetti" but I can't recall. In any case, my little 11 year old heart would drop because I truly hated lima beans - they made my stomach churn. Now to all of those who love lima beans, I am sure they are nutritious and delicious, but they are not for me. Why am I even talking about this? Because this is just how I react when I look at the sheet coach Bill posts and see that we are doing 100s. Just like those dreaded lima beans, I just don't like them: never have, probably never will. Why can't we have corn (200s) or carrots (300s)? 100s are too short to get a rhythm going and too long to sprint. But unlike my response in elementary school, I took my knocks and went ahead and did the workout. Here it is:

6 x 50 alternate drill/stroke
4 x 150 on 1:35
Main
4 x 100 on 1:40
200 working on breathing 330
5 x 100 on 1:45
200 breathing
4 x 100 on 1:45
200 breathing
8 x 50 stroke/choice warm down

Ok, the 100s were fine, I tried to play mental games and descend the last two sets by a second each within the set. I generally did that and the rest helped. A fine job by all today: E, IW, BB, and C (who both made triumphant returns.)

Health tip of the day: don't forget to moisturize after every workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment