Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You know it's been a long time when...


Time flies when you are having fun, as the saying goes. But sometimes time goes by and you are simply surprised that things around you have changed. Case in point, the acorns that now attack my car on the drive in. Where did they suddenly come from? Or the little dust bunnies in my spare bedroom, who I affectionately anthropomorphized by naming "fluffy" and "powderpuff." Didn't I just "swiff" last week? Or was it last month? But the reality of this time lapse set in today when I looked at the sheet of 500s and instead of thinking "great!" I thought "oh-no!" That is when I knew lots of time had passed, and much of it was not in the pool. But we persevered, as we always do.

Warmup
2 x 25 free, breast, back, fly
3 x 25 free, breast, back, fly
Most did a fin set here, Ian and I did the following using our "Masters Option" card:
3 x 200 pull
Main:
500 negative split on 7:20
500 pull hypoxic
5 x 100 steady pace on 1:35
500 with fins
500 fastest time of the day, beat 6:31:99

We skipped the fourth 500 and did the fast one. BB and I swam side by side and he won the race (were we racing?) coming in at 6:26. I made 6:28 and was happy with that, but the whole thing hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment