Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Found: all the yellow bouys


Our pool is closed this week, but eight MIT masters swimmers were in Alumni pool this morning. But the real disovery - and Woods, listen up - is that ALL of the white and yellow pull bouys are at alumni! There was a whole basket of them! I was nearly catatonic as I stood there by so many yellow bouys, like a kid in a candy store. This is because each morning I ask (beg if you will) Woods to please give me the single yellow bouy in the basket, and he always does. I now think he is just saving it for me so nobody else gets it. :) I'd love to switch the yellow bouys with the tiny purple ones that Kevin likes, but then the kid swim teams would be out of luck. SB, I know what you are saying - bring your own and this isn't even a conversation. But now I know, if I need a fix, I head to alumni pool.

Okay, so we had a good workout today. E, me, IW, and Dr. Bob2. Bill, Joel, and Rach were in the next lane and Mo was a few lanes away. Here is what our lane did:

5 x 200 going:
200 swim
200 swim
200 drill/swim
200 pull
200 IM
20 x 100 on 1:40 (fun!) going:
1-3 descend
4 easy
5 hard
6 IM
7 easy
8 IM
9 easy
10 IM
11-15 pull
16-20 keep pace (1:20)

Some of us plan to swim again on Friday. Then the pool is long course starting Saturday until sometime in January! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment