Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Multi-tasking

Today was the perfect workout for me as I had a lot of things on my mind. It had lots of distance and not much social time at the wall (which I usually love). So, I re-worked an agenda for a meeting today, sketched out an outline for a paper, and thought about what I wanted to eat for breakfast. Oh, and I watched the clock too! I was just starting to grapple with world peace when 7:30 rolled around, so I promise to get to that tomorrow.

200 WU on own
6 x 75 odds kick, swim, stroke, evens swim descend, drill
15 x 25 various things to think about
Main set:
800 (400 cruise, 200 start to pick it up, 200 fast) on 2:00 rest
400 IM on :60 rest (no fly for me)
400 on 6:00 going 200 cruise, 100 pick it up, 100 fast on 6:00
400 same on 5:40
400 fast on 5:20
6 x 75 odds 1:10, evens easy 1:35

Everyone did great - E, IW, KBB. This was my first true distance set in a while and I was not sure how I would feel. For that reason I tried to hold back until the last 400 and tried to really work it, coming in on 5:13. Everyone seemed to work the last one so Bill you should be happy that we did what you said! Bill is trying to prepare us for long course, and some of us are chomping at the bit not to have those pesky flip turns get in the way! And I know you are all wondering - with all of that thinking today, just what did I have for breakfast? Coffee, fruit, and a bagel with peanut butter.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. You looked simply SMASHING post swim in your office attire. Go Get'em today!

    ReplyDelete