Friday, August 28, 2009

Firsts and lasts


There were a few of both today. For one, it was the first time all summer that the sun was not up for my drive in to practice and the first time the thermometer in my car read in the 50s. It was the first time I clearly understood the writing on the glass wall separating the hallway and the pool (see pic and ask me later what it means.) It was the first time Paris came to practice without Ann, and the biggest first of all was that Bill Geary was the first person on the pool deck and in the water. That may also be a last, folks, so it must be chronicled. And of course today is my last day of vacation for the summer. Great swim today with Bill G, who is getting ready for the Maui Channel Swim next week.

Warmup 200 on own
3 x 100 swim, stroke, drill, no breath by :25
4 x 50 on :60
2 x 150 kick
6 x 75 on 1:20
15 x 100 going:
1-5 descend on 1:30
6-10 steady on 1:25
11 easy on 2:00
12-15 fast on 1:40

I truly miss my lanemates who have all been on some kind of vacation for the last 2 weeks. How do people at the pool know that I miss them? Maybe it's the fact that I mope around, or whine (not flattering), or delay getting into the pool, hoping that one will magically appear from the locker room. Eventually, like today, I resign myself that nobody will make it and convince others, like Bill, to swim with me. It's really pathetic, come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment