Monday, August 24, 2009

iReport: Hurricane Bill


If you look closely you can see the eye of the hurricane right over my left ear. I look as frightened as I was.

So there I was, doing my best impression of Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel. Braving the elements of hurricane Bill, I stood there overlooking the beach in Wellfleet, wind and rain pelting me as lifeguards casually lounged while small children played at the water's edge and crazy surfers took on the fifteen foot waves. You can imagine the terror and the excitement, being right in all the action! Thank goodness I had my trusty iPhone to capture it all.

Anyway, just as I am about to break a story about some guy's cooler full of beer that was taken by the rip tide, our waiter from the Beachcomber comes out and says "do you want your margarita inside or outside?" How about an extra shot of tequila with that buzz kill, buddy? So in I went, my hopes of fame and fortune crushed like the ice in the drink I was about to consume.

Heavy sigh. Back to reality. Fun times today with Ian and Steve, the water was a bit warm (all the MIT kids are doing their swim tests so they didn't want them to get cold.) Today's workout:

200 warmup
12 x 50 (1-4 kick, 5-8 back, 9-12 drill/swim)
2 x 200 on 3:10
4 x 200 on 2:45
2 x 200 on 2:55
2 x 150 on 2:30
4 x 150 on 2:10
2 x 150 on 2:20

Woods had his own theory about Hurricane Bill. He thought it was mighty suspicious that coach Bill "missed" practice on Friday and then just showed up in the middle of the Atlantic to ruin our weekend. He might be on to something. You know what they say about those mild mannered types!

No comments:

Post a Comment