Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Guest Blogger Sweet Caroline: A fleeting crush


The sibling peer pressure was too much for my baby sis Carrie (twin of Danny), so she is making her debut here today. She's always been a hot ticket, whether or not 8 years old or 41. And no worries, there are no more O'Dair brothers and sisters, but I will say they have come in quite handy during my little break!

When I was little, I had a huge crush on one particular lifeguard at our pool.I can't remember his name, but he looked exactly like Bobby Ewing from Dallas, only with red lifeguard shorts on and a whistle swinging around his hand as he walked the deck. He was hot, at least as far as my 8 year old tastes were concerned. My friends and I would loiter around his lifeguard chair, talk to him, and try and act cool. I was pretty sure he was into me, he just couldn¹t let on in front of everyone else. One day as we hung around his chair, laughing at everything he said, a friend of mine started to threaten that she was going to give a way my BIG secret (like he had absolutely no idea). Just the thought of it made me go pale. I tried to play off the threat, thinking she wouldn't dare, until I heard it starting to come out of her mouth in slow motion- "Caaaarrie liiiiikes youuuuuu!!!!" I was so mortified, I had to escape. I dove into the water, swam all the way to the opposite end of the pool, and never spoke to him again.

Oh well. Probably all for the best. I would have been too much for him to
handle anyway.

Today's workout:

6 x 75 drill/swim/drill on 1:20
8 x 25 Kick odds on 35 evens on 30
4 x 50 GOLF (time + count strokes) on 60
300 rev IM
6 x 50
50 cruise
25 stroke on 25
50 fast on 40
9 x 150
3 descend on 2:25
3 cruise on 2:15
3 descend @ 2:30
3 x 100 warm down on 2:00

No comments:

Post a Comment