Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Day Without Precious?


This is a story about addiction, and I warn you it isn't pretty. This morning, somewhere near Harvard Square on my way into swimming, I realized that I forgot my phone. This is the same phone that someone who will remain nameless nicknamed "precious". Upon first hearing this nickname I was offended, especially after this unnamed person said I "got the shakes" and "freaked out" when I couldn't find my phone. But maybe he is right, because upon realizing I was without precious, I began to think "what if my car breaks down? Where is my first meeting of the day? What if my sister wants to play Words? What if BB texts me after practice?" Clearly not trivial matters. Then I met for coffee with two colleagues from MIT who, upon learning of my phone fate, said they could not IMAGINE going through their day without their phone. So what did I do? I went home before going to work to retrieve precious, and sure enough, there was a message on my phone that it was my move in Words. Phew. I'd hate to make her wait.

300 warmup
12 x 50 IM order on :60
6 x 75 on 1:15 descend 1-3, 4-6
2 x 50 elbow pop on 1:05
6 x 75 on 1:10 descend 1-3, 4-6
2 x 50 extend on 1:05
6 x 100 on 1:40 going odds 50 cruise/50 fast; event 50 fast/50 cruise
6 x 100 IM on 1:55 going odds 50 cruise/50 fast; event 50 fast/50 cruise
50 easy

Small but hearty group there today. Oh, feel free to text or call me if you'd like, little P is right here with me. Sorry BLGIK!

No comments:

Post a Comment