Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Little Hour of Doom


Yes, that is what I have named the One Hour Swim. Having done it just once in my entire swim career, I think it is appropriate to call it LHD instead of OHS. And I love distance. I would rather swim 4 miles in cold, choppy ocean water than swim an hour in a 25 yard pool. I'd rather bike an hour in 40 degree weather (okay, people, that is COLD for me) than do this. But I ran into Frank Wuest this week, and he asked me if I was doing it. Frank coordinates the LHD for New England Masters, and right now NEM is going for the top spot nationally. So when I told him no, I wasn't doing it, he simply told me a story about how he is having surgery in 2 weeks for a torn rotator cuff and that he is kicking for an hour. Shame hath no equal. So I'll do it, but I'll do it MY way. And E2 (who I really want to call Y tu?) is doing it with me as a workout. Stay tuned for a fun LHD workout. The moral of the story is that YOU TOO can do this!

Today's workout

200 swim
6 x 50 drill/swim 1-3 stroke, 4-6 free
4 x 100 on 1:45
200 kick
4 x 75 reverse IM :20r
3 x 400 on 6:00 (Hubbard and Joel did IM)
3 x 300 on 4:30 (first one fast, second negative split, third easy)

No comments:

Post a Comment