Friday, July 20, 2012

Good Luck SB!!!

Our friend and lane mate SB is in Lake Placid this weekend doing a little race called an Ironman. We are all very excited for him and expect great things, especially with his swim. Several of us did the over/under this morning and while it would be great to see SB break an hour, with one massive swim wave and a very narrow course (read: it's a line at the bottom of the lake) we settled on 1:05. We also should factor in that he does not have his wubbie with him. His little blue friend has seen Steve through a lot of good times and bad, through 50 x 100 on his 50th, and through a number of IM sets where he had no business using a bouy. Nonetheless, We created an honorary wubbie for him with lots of positive energy and good thoughts for a great race!

300 swim
200 drill/swim by 50
2 x 50 stroke
100 free
2 x 50 free
100 drill/swim
12 x 50 going:
1-3 free on :60, :55, 50
4-6 stroke on 1:05, :60, :55
7-9 free on :50, :45, :40
10-12 stroke on :60, :55, :50
4 x 100 descend on 1:35
4 x 100 hold pace on 1:30
4 x 50 stroke/free on :60
3 x 100 on 1:30
3 x 100 on 1:25
2 x 50 easy
3 x 100 cool down

I want to make a special shout-out to Mrs. Edwina O'Toole, a follower from the great state of Virginia. I am happy to report that her daughter attended swim practice today.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you could report that for today, but alas I needed to sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Katie O -

    Thanks for my special shout-out. No one ever did that for me before. I am thrilled.

    I usually only get attention for being on the shark watch - which brings me to calling your attention to this -
    Shark Alert ® takes the Bite out of Swimming." at sharkalert.net

    In all my wariness on behalf of my tri daughters and their beloved tri friends, I do realize that you are probably safe in Lane 3, except from the locker police.

    Your ever-watchful landlubber (not really - I do slow, easy laps) -
    Edwina
    P.S. I am not associated with sharkalert.net except in spirit. I have no financial connection. :)

    ReplyDelete