Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bring on the New Year

While it was only 17 degrees this morning, a whole bunch of us made it to swim practice to ring in the new year properly. And much like a hangover on New Year's morning, we all felt a little sore and beat up after our first day of practice in 2013. I for one was a lazy dog yesterday, watching movies all day and barely making it outside. What I noticed most was how many commercials there were for diet drugs, diets, and dating services (I am sure there is a company that does all three). I expected to see more ads for inexpensive gym memberships, but alas, it was not to be. The most appalling of all of the ads was for this product that comes in flake form and you sprinkle it on your food and it makes it flavorful AND you feel full, so you eat less and lose UP TO 10 POUNDS in just a month. The commercial showed people sprinkling these flakes on ice cream, french fries, and hot dogs. It was so horribly American that I almost thought it was a Saturday Night Live skit. But it was real. While I don't generally make big and bold resolutions, I did resolve then and there never to use those flakes on my fried dough.

Long course today!  Painful but very fun.

100 warmup
2 x 100 drill/swim on :30r
2 x 100 stroke/swim on :30r
2 x 100 easy 25/build on :30r
20 x 50 going
1-4 on :50
5-8 stroke on :60
9-12 on :45
13-16 stroke on 1:05
17-20 on :45
400 free on 6:45
400 free descend on 7:00
400 free faster than your second on 7:00
300 going fly strokes (3,4,5) at the start of each 100 off the wall

No comments:

Post a Comment