Friday, January 22, 2010

Working up an appetite

After swim practice I am usually content with a cup of coffee and a muffin on my way to work. But for whatever reason, today I would have preferred something like the Old Country Buffet. The workout was that hard. I've never actually been to one of these but I have seen the lines so there must be something to it. What I don't understand is how swimming can make me ravenous while I barely want to eat after a long run. I know there is some research out there about cold water and metabolism, but I am living proof of the swimming/eating connection.

Today was interesting - on the surface it looks easy, but it was hard. Credit to Bill, the whole week has been tough but good. Lanes 2 and 3 were on the same interval.

200 swim
150 drill/swim by 25
100 faster each 25
50 fly
4 x 50 stroke
6 x 50 free
4 x 50 fly
Main: for times thru:
50 cruise on 1:10
3 x 75 descend on 1:05
2 x 50 stroke on :60
100 fast on 1:15

Great job everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment