Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dr. Bob and His Little Gray Paddles


That is a nice title for a children's book, and given that Dr. Bob works with kids, I began to think about how fun it would be to write a kids book series. Dr. Bob could read the books to the kids at the hospital and they could learn about swimming, and the gray paddles could have lots of adventures and do open water swims, surf in Hawaii, or save someone from drowning. But right when I was scripting out the plot, Dr. Bob said "yeah, I found these in the bottom of my locker. Who KNOWS what else is in there". I then realized that the follow up book "Dr. Bob cleans out his locker" isn't nearly as compelling as the tale of the paddles, so I went on to focus on the workout.

6 x 50 count strokes free :60
4 x 50 count strokes stroke :60
8 x 75 on 1:30
0dds 50 free build, 25 stroke
Evens 50 stroke, 25 free
6 x 200 on 3:15
6 x 150 broken going:
100 free on :05r
50 stroke on :60

3200 total. I couldn't have done this without Dr. Bob and his little gray paddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment