Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Biggest...Eater?


I am slightly embarassed to reveal that for the last two weeks I have found myself watching the show The Biggest Loser. For those of you are unfamiliar with this show, it's basically a reality show where people compete to lose the most weight by exercising a lot, learning about good eating habits, and getting yelled at by skinny personal trainers. All good things, however I don't really know what this show says about our culture, but I will hold my social commentary for another time. What I can tell you is that I eat more while watching the show than the contestants do the whole episode. I can't help it. They choose between a piece of cake and an apple, I go make brownies. They eat a delicious salad, I do the same but include 3 slices of pizza. And yesterday they walked by an ice cream truck and opted for a piece of gum while I walked to my freezer and got out the Ben and Jerry's. Maybe I knew that I would swim hard the next morning so it was okay, who knows. But today Dr. Bob gets the award for Biggest Fashion Statement (or perhaps Biggest Small Bathing Suit) for his new L3 suit. I can't post a picture because he is a renowned physician and doing so may hurt his career, reduce his invitations to talk shows, and prevent him from winning the Nobel Prize for something. But he is brave, and I for one look forward to the day when all the men of L3 wear their suits in solidarity.

100wu
4 x(3x50) kick/fr, drill/fr, stroke on :15rest
4 x 25 fly on 35sec
100 free pull on 1:35
200 descend by 50's on 3:00
3 x 100 pull 1:35
400 descend by 100's on 6:00
600 fr 8:30
400 fr pull on 6:00
200 IM 3:20
50 ez
200 IM 3:20
500 free hold pace
50 ez
3800 yards--wow!

Fantastic day! Great job BB, J, Dr. Bob, and IW.
Great job, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment