Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving thanks


It has been awhile since I have been in the pool, so it was great to be back in the water today with my peeps! Since it is Thanksgiving, I want to take time today to give thanks. I have so much to be thankful for - my wonderful family, new and old friends, a great job and academic life, my health, and a parking spot right outside of my house. :) But this is a swim blog so I want to pay special attention and gratitude to MIT Masters and my fellow lanemates and morning swimmers. In a nutshell, I am thankful for:

1. Coach Bill. He is simply the best. Who else always has a smile on his face at 6:15 am (or 6:28) every morning? I am thankful to swim with him.
2. My lanemates. I have swam with some awesome people in the past (some of whom swim with me now) but as a group, I can't remember having so much fun at swim practice as I do now. It's great motivation to get up in the morning. So thanks, L3ers.
3. The morning swimmers. We just have a rockin' morning group, in all lanes. We may not swim the same intervals but we share the same fear of jumping in every day. It just takes Joel a little longer than most.
4. Towel service. I love the towel service, even if some days you get a spa towel and some days you get a hand towel. What other masters team has towel service?
5. Our pool. I don't care what anyone says about that pool across the river, we have the best pool in town.
6. BB leading the lane. I know that he could easily leave us for faster waters like Kevin did, but he stays with us through thick and thin. And he wears the suit.
7. Elaine for designing our line of L3 swimwear. I think she just may have to design a morning suit so we can all look dorky together.
8. The treadmill bank upstairs. Where else can you not swim, but swim at the same time? And critique your friends? I might start charging for my advice.

So to all of my lanemates - BB, E, IW, SB, Dr.B, KBB, CM, RS, KY - and all other morning swimmers - THANKS!

Now for our workout:

2 x (4x50) various drill
3 x (3 x 75) stroke/choice going:
3 on 1:25 (we did these IM)
3 on 1:15 (we did these random)
3 on 1:05 (we did these free)
400 going 100 IM, 100 free, 100 IM, 100 free
then:
2 x (3x100) OFF THE BLOCKS going
93%
96%
100%
on 3:00

While not much yardage today, much exhaustion. I pretty much despise sprinting but made it through. See y'all next week or even this weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment