Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You Cannot Be Serious


I'm going to start a new occasional series on the blog which highlights things that really annoy me. Today's topic involves a running shower. Yes, for the last two weeks I have arrived at the locker room to find one of the showers running. Not dripping like what annoyed Bert and Ernie in Sesame Street, but running hot water. You cannot be serious! Would you do this at home? I doubt it. I know it's a 6am rec swimmer, because none of the master's swimmers take the required State of Massachusetts Health Department shower before jumping in the pool (sorry!). It's irked me so much that I may actually arrive early and stalk the person who is doing this, make them explain to the people of Texas who have no water why she is leaving the shower running. The next topic in this series: running the suit spinner until the motor nearly burns out.

400 warmup on own
4 x (3 x 50)
1-3 count strokes on 1:05
4-6 descend on :60
7-9 drill/swim on 1:05
10-12 descend on :60
500 pull hypoxic 9,3,7,5 on 8:00
2 x 50 on 1:15
500 fast on 7:30
2 x 50 on 1:15
5 x 100 on 1:45
2 x 50 on 1:15
500 fast on 7:15 (right!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Clumps of black hair clinging on the tile wall of the shower? NO NO NO. Thong underwear stretched out and drying on the towel racks? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING PEOPLE? FLUSH THE DAMN TOILET, nuff said on that one.. and don't leave your empty shampoo bottle for me to toss out for you!!!! I feel better now. :-)

    ReplyDelete