Friday, December 9, 2011

Santa's watching?

I really thought that the only person who saw me cut out part of the kick set today was Ian. And when I chose to pull one of the 200s to break it up a bit, again, I only thought Ian noticed. But as we finished the set, all I heard was "Santa is watching". Of course this harkened me back to my earliest memory of my mom picking up the phone to call Santa when we were misbehaving (no, she was not on the phone with Santa ALL the time). And to this day, I still think the big guy was on the other line, because instead of getting the pretty pink ballet tutu like my sister did, I got the black one, and then my family filmed me dancing gracefully into the Christmas tree. True story. Black swan had a totally different meaning back in 1970. Anyway, I'll try to atone for my kick set, SC. Plus, I think he was a little busy with the 800 age group swimmers who descended on deck at 7:15am.

400 on own
6 x 50 drill/swim on :60
6 x 75 - 2 on 1:30, 2 on 1:10, 2 on :60
4 x 75 kick (or in my case, 3 x 75 and one by 50)
Eight times thru:
200 on 2:55
25 on :45
6 x 50 going underwater 25, swim 25

1 comment:

  1. Little did Ian know but you were just ahum.... turning around so we could chat for a 25 during that kick set. I don't think I've ever swam that much underwater. Mermaid training???

    ReplyDelete