Monday, October 5, 2009

Guest Blogger BB: Too much time on his hands


I had about a nanosecond of free time today, so BB graciously posted our workout!

Some of you may remember this oldie but goody from Styx from the early 80's. With the age demographic of L3 at practice this morning I am guessing we were all in high school when this song was popular. The possible exceptions to this are SB and Dr. Bob. (BB, that wasn't nice!)

Well, today I made a passing comment to KT that I was feeling under
utilized at work and that I had too much time on my hands so she suggested, only in the way that KT can, that I write the blog. I will be quick as I think the mere mention of being under utilized got the Work God's frowning upon me.

The tenor of the day was set when E said that Coach Bill wasn't prepared
for practice today as he was bit tardy in providing us our second set. It
all went downhill after that.

Warm up: Oops, no warm up - nobody was IBB
3 times thru 100 swim/drill, 50 free, 50 fly (back/breast)
A bunch of 25's fly with Coach Bill blowing that darn whistle--thanks E!
200 pull on 3:05
150 swim on 2:15
4x100 free on 1:25
200 pull on 3:05
150 swim on 2:15
4 x 100 free on 1:20
150 pull on 2:15
100 free on 1:40
4 x 75 on :60

We were a bit fractured as were split between L1 (E, BB) and L3 (KT, IW,
Dr. B). Even separated we still maintain a strong L3 identity. Time to go back to work and to become Mr. Roboto-domo arigato Mr. Roboto.

...another Styx classic

1 comment:

  1. Sitting on the bench flipping little strips of paper around and sippin' your damn coffee in MADRAS PLAID SHORTS is not good coaching etiquette don't you agree?

    Oh Momma, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law (stinging bee)
    Hangman is coming down from the gallows And I don't have very long (before I'm punished with another fly set)

    ReplyDelete