Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm totally cereal about that!


Bill threatened to make us do the 400IM over if we didn't do our turns correctly. And to make a point, he wrote "I'm cereal" underneath. Apparently he had been watching Jerry Springer (I didn't ask) and some woman used this instead of "I'm serious". I got this immediately, and apparently got points from Bill for getting his joke. What he doesn't know is that I have a weird fascination with malapropisms, and get a big kick when people use them. The best part is that people are trying to sound really smart. Like when Dan Quayle said that Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child, or when someone puts out a fire with the fire distinguisher. My own personal favorites include when Michelangelo painted the Sixteenth Chapel or when a former colleague saw someone choking and gave him the heineken maneuver (I am NOT kidding). Okay, I could go on, but here is the workout.

400 warmup on own (we either were that early, or Bill was that late)
5 x 50 drill various
400 pull work the evens
6 x 50 count strokes
8 x 75 descend 2,4, 6, 8
1-2 on 1:05
3-4 on :60
5-6 on 1:05
7-8 on :60
400 IM
400 free descend by 100
4 times thru:
50 fast on :45
2 x 25 easy
some kicking

On the top of the sheet it said "distance day" but it didn't feel like it. Apparently this was just a pigment of my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment