Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Humbled by the visitor


I was on the bench today nursing a bit of a shoulder tweak, but the word on the street was that Pat stopped in for a visit! Yes, you know who I am talking about - Pat, BB's friend from Chicago who likes to drop in to see us once in awhile, get in a good workout, and put a few deposits into his swimming/ego bank account. I had every intention of being there because I always like to see Pat, but from what I gather in piecing together what happened I may be glad I took the day off. This is a family-friendly blog so I can't use profanity, so I'll just use one quote that one of my lanemates, who will remain anonymous, sent to me. "You missed me being completely stomped by another swimmer today."

Here we go:

8x50
Odds: count strokes
Evens: breastroke kick
Transition: twice thru w/ fins
75 fly
25 fly kick fast
25 fly kick
75 back
25 back kick fast
25 back kick
75 free
25 free kick fast
25 free kick
Main set
5 x 500
1st at 7:20
2nd descend by 100 at 7:40
3rd faster than 1st at 7:30
4 repeat 2nd, but faster
5th repeat 3rd, but faster

So Pat, I know I always say this, but even though you should be swimming in Lane 1, come back to visit us in Lane 3. The truth is, we all need a little humbling once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment