Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!


I have no idea what I am going to be for Halloween, and in fact, I don't even like to dress up anymore. But I have been invited to a party and if I want to go I have to come up with something. Most of my best costumes are ones I didn't put much time into. One year I was Miss Congeniality Gone Bad (I am trying to find a photo so I can post it), another year I was a Fembot from Austin Powers, and I even won an award several years ago for my costume of Rose from the Titanic after she jumped, door and all. Last year was lame, I was the Heat Miser, imagine the irony of that. In any case, our Halloween almost got super scary this morning at swim practice when Bill tripped and almost fell into the pool on top of us. I think we all realized just how frightening that would have been.

Warmup - tons of swimming with fins
(I went into the warm pool and swam 500)
4 x 150 pull - odds free, evens stroke
3 times thru:
50 fast on :35
100 cruise on 1:40
150 fast on 2:05
200 cruise on 3:20
8 x 50 going 25 sprint/25 swim off the block

We kind of pulled a masters option today as BB and I defied Bill's authority and did not dive off the blocks. Are we proud of this behavior? No. Would we do the same thing if given a do-over? Maybe. Do we still think Bill is the bomb? Definitely. We gave him a mini pumpkin as thanks. It's really a gourd, but who cares it looks like a baby pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment