Monday, June 14, 2010

No inspiration


Kevin asked me last week how I come up with my blog ideas. As I have mentioned before, I count on being inspired between the time when I leave my house and when I arrive at work, at which point I take 5 minutes - no longer - to post the blog. I've got nothing today - nothing. The workout was fine, the drive in was fine, my coffee is fine - all fine, but nothing too exciting. So I can report that BB had an awesome swim at Chesapeake Bay - 2:02:20 - fantastic BB! And I can offer one more friendly masters tip to our new lanemate: Negative split means that you take the distance (let's say 300 for fun) and go faster on the last 150 than the first one. Doing the opposite is called ascending. Don't worry, we have patience and will get you up (or down) to speed. Either that, or one of our more mild mannered lanemates think (KBB or IW)may lose it and who knows what will happen.

2 x 100 drill/swim :20r
2 x 100 stroke/swim :20r
200 50 stroke/50 swim on 5:25 (ha!)
200 pace on 3:15 (ha!)
200 negative split
3 x 100 kick
300 50 stroke, 50 free on 5:30
300 pace on 5:15
300 negative split on 5:00
6 x 50 on :60
400 pull on 6:40
400 negative split

Nice job everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Plez.. you are kidding about IW or KBB losing it... leave THAT up to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought just getting out of bed and showing up was enough. Now she wants inspirational? The pressure is overwhelming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She wants me to jump out of a cake with something skimpy on... come on.... I gave up my pole dancing gig years ago... I can still shimmy though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. katie: You inspire me! You inspire all of us! who's jumping out of cakes... I thought that was my job?... .confused.

    ReplyDelete