Monday, December 10, 2012

Reset Button

If I wanted to enjoy swim practice this morning, it looks like I picked the wrong set of activities this past weekend to prepare, including watching an historic ice swim (yes, I said watch), dancing like Baby at a wedding (and NOT in the corner) and taking my first kick-boxing class. All of this, combined with shopping, good food and wine, and little sleep translated into a horror show in the pool this morning. Thankfully, I was not the only one who seemed to suffer.  BB, sore from chopping down and hauling his Christmas tree, was also moving slowly. As with any after-school-special, there is a moral to this sad story, kids. If you want to swim well on Monday morning, do NOT have fun over the weekend.  Congrats to MIT Masters who placed second at the BU meet in the small team division! I am guessing that these are mostly night swimmers, so hat's off to you!

300 swim
6 x 50 on :60
6 x 50 going:
1-2 free on :20r
3-4 IM no free on :20r
5-6 stroke on :20r
450 every third 25 is fly
Four times thru: (the first interval was our original, and we did that the first set then changed it!)
100 on 1:15/1:20
2 x 75 on :60/1:05
2 x 50 fly on :1:05
2 x 25 easy on :40
400 swim (I did not do)

And yes, I used the ladder to get out today. That's how bad I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment