Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Workout of my Dreams

As we all know, the Z Center is closed, so many of us have trudged to the Alumni pool to get our workouts in. And I must say, this morning I had one of the best workouts in recent memory. I felt great in the water, even lapped my fellow lane mates on a long swim. Most interestingly, I led the IM set and my usually sluggish breaststroke was nearly perfect. This was of course preceded by me waking up without an alarm, my coffee was already ready, and miraculously the car was toasty when I got in. The only problem with this perfect little scenario was that it was a dream. I did not get up, I did not drink coffee in a warm car, and I most certainly did not lap my lane mates or lead a set of 100 IMs. To say that I was disappointed upon awakening is an understatement. But it all fairness, it seemed really, really, real - I was even a little sore from pushing it a bit on the last part of the set. Oh well.  It's lane night out tonight and I am going to hold my head high and pledge to get up tomorrow. Here is what I did in my dream (or, at least what I wanted to propose to my teammates):

500 swim
5 x 100 swim/IM
400 pull
3 x 200 on 2:45 (note dream-like lack of reality)
3 x 100 IM
3 x 100 swim
8 x 50 fast/easy on :60

No comments:

Post a Comment