Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Where Everybody Knows Your Name?

I went to Starbucks this morning after swim practice, something I don't do often because I also have a mortgage. Anyway, I am fourth in line and the barista greets the first person - "Good morning, Ken! Chai latte today?" Ken smiles and says yes. She then move on to the second person "Mary how are you? Toasted bagel and two pump grande cappuccino for you?" and to the third - "Joe you are late today!" which elicits laughs and excuses from Joe in a shared special moment between two close friends. Then to me. She looks at me with a look that says "who the hell are you, and what do you want?". I stammer my order, not realizing that when you order an ice coffee you have to tell them if you want sugar, fake sugar, extra ice, the whole works. I was petrified. I also glanced at those behind me in line and swear I was getting looks, if you know what I mean. It was then and there that I realized how good the coffee is at my office. How is this related to swimming, you ask? It is not, but it was distance day today and we swam distance!

300 warmup
2 x 50 kick
100 stroke
100 free
2 x 50 drill
100 stroke
100 free
2 x 50 free
800 swim, negative split
3 x 400 on 6:20 - third 100 is always fast
100 easy
400 going 50 stroke/50 free IM order
6 x 50: 1-3 on :50, 4-6 on :60
3 x 100 on 1:45

No comments:

Post a Comment