Thursday, April 23, 2009

CSI: Z Center

I was already in a good mood this morning when I got to the pool, but you can imagine my delight as I returned to the locker room after practice to find my once lost/stolen/missing red flower suit hanging up in my locker! This surprise turned to confusion. How did it get there? Who took it? Was she a fast swimmer, or just into fashion? Part of the puzzle was solved when E told me she hung it up in my locker after seeing it sitting on the bench as she walked in. She saw it yesterday too and was going to see who claimed it and do a little stealth investigation herself. The evidence suggests it has been worn and there is a small hole in it, but guilt must have overtaken the borrower/thief. I guess I could take it in for prints, but I choose rather to forgive the person who took it because they returned it. Plus it is always better to forgive (that is the only after-school-special moment you'll get today). Okay, on to the workout!

4 x 100 swim
12 x 50 free, breast, back, fly on :60
Main:
3 x (3 x 225)going: 200 strong, get time, 25 easy
1-3 on 3:30
4-6 on 3:20
7-9 on 3:30
4 x 50

It was me, Dr. Bob, and Marla. We decided to descend the first three holding 2:40, 2:39, :38, hold steady at 2:40 on the next 3, then descend the last ones, which we did 2:46, 2:40, and 2:31. The last one hurt! I wanted to get out after 3 of the final 50s but Dr. Bob said "Katie, do you want to walk around all day knowing that you didn't finish the workout?" Guilt is a great motivator, so I did it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome: and it's great that you did the set and can recall how well you were doing on the 200's! I am so impressed. The only think I will add is that the theme today was stroke, yet Coach Bill tossed a bone and gave good ol' lane 3 a free set!
    And getting those final 50's is the way to go. You need to warm down, and those double pull out breastrokes are perfect for helping you to breath bettah, before hitting the showers.
    As that suit was very flashy, my first inclination was to think of BB -- he does have a thing for flowers lately, yet, I don't think he is capable of sneaking into the women's lockeroom. Glad it showed up.
    Nice job today to the whole L3 assembly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the missing and returned suit:

    I don't think BB would go to such effort... although it certainly would give new meaning to "swimming with a D R A G suit" ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since my swimsuits seem to cause some controversy I will try to be a bit more demure with my future swimsuit purchases...

    ReplyDelete