Monday, February 11, 2013

A Little Sore

Let's face it, we have become a little soft over the last two winters here in New England, with almost no snow and balmy (relatively speaking) temps. But 25+ inches of snow will wake you up, and fast. That is why many of us were a bit sore today at swim practice (or not there at all, you know who you are!). I heard groans and sighs during warmup, as many of us had used muscles we hadn't used in years trying to move the snow or ourselves in the snow. Even those who used snow blowers had something to complain about (I mean, blisters hurt, as does the emotional toll of running out of gas). But I was feeling a bit too smug for my own good this morning, after zipping in to MIT at 5:45am with no traffic or problems. I even had the nerve to call my sister after practice to tell her my commute "is a breeze" as I headed up Beacon Street. But karma is a funny thing, because once I hung up the phone (I was hands free!) and approached Cleveland Circle, everything that is bad in the world came together to make my commute a living hell: The T, every bus line in Brighton, angry drivers with one lane to navigate, and possibly worst of all, people coming out of Starbucks texting. But I am here, and happy to post today's workout which was great, thanks Coach Bill!

400 swim
100 swim
6 x 75 going:
evens: swim/drill/swim
odds: stroke/drill/stroke
6 x 100 :25r going 25 drill/25swim/25stroke/25swim
3 x 150 on 2:20
2 x 75 stroke on 1:20
3 x 150 on 2:15
2 x 75 on 1:25
3 x 150 on 2:10
2 x 75 on 1:30
7 x 125
1-3 first 25 and last 25 fly on 1:55
4-6 first 50 back on 2:00
7 first 50 breast on 2:00

No comments:

Post a Comment