Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What Doesn't Kill You...

I saw a story the other day about trampoline dodgeball, a new adult activity with centers popping up around the country.Yes, people jump on trampolines while trying to smack each other in a dodgeball game. I don't know about you, but I think this is possibly one of the worst ideas ever. Combining two of the most hated and angst-ridden activities of elementary school phys ed class cannot have a positive outcome. Why not add rope climbing while you are at it? But to be honest, I think dodgeball made me a stronger person. It is the reason why I am a more compassionate person. It's also the reason I duck at any type of object thrown at me that I did not ask to be thrown at me (dodgeball PTSD). So if I ask for a bottle of water, please do not throw it at me unless I look you in the eye and say "ready!"  As for the trampoline, I am too damn tall to bounce on one of those things anyway so it has helped me avoid a ceiling-related neck injury. Today's workout was tough too, but unlike gym class where we had no option but to participate, we chose to take this one on. And it was hard, but when the going got tough, the tough got going and we made the set. Special props to BB for leading the final set of 10. Put that cape on today!

500 warmup
200 swim
12 x 25 drill/swim on :30
9 x 50
1-3 on :55
4-6 on :50
7-9 on :45
10 x 100 on 1:30
10 x 100 on 1:25
10 x 100 on 1:20

Shout out to E for 3300 big yards today in her rehab comeback tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment