Friday, May 29, 2009

How quickly they turn...


One day everyone enjoys swimming with you. There is peace, love, happiness. Then the next day that love turns to sideward glances, under-the-water comments like "aren't you in the wrong lane?" and mysterious holes in your goggles. This is what happens, my friends, when you have one good distance day in the lane. It's called abandonment and I don't like it one bit! My new motto is "heck, no - I won't go!" * (*unless, of course, I like the other lane intervals better or I get kicked out.) You can't get rid of Katie O that easily. ;)

Great workout today, here is what we did:

6 x 50 alternate drill/free
3 times thru:
100 on 1:45
50 easy on 1:05
50 sprint on :45
50 easy on 1:05
Main set: 12 x 150
1-3 on 2:35
4-6 on 2:25
7-9 on 2:30
10-12 on 2:20

Great job by all - we had nearly a full lane today with I, E, SB, KBB, and C (who is joining us for the summer).

2 comments:

  1. Don't mess with Katie O... [Miss jackson if you are nasty) !!

    Funny how lanemates try to sabbotage a swimmer when they are having a good day. Reminds me of the postal service's other slogan "Always kick a guy (or girl) when they are down".

    Sad to hear this!

    Coach Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to leave KO, just stay right with us, we'll slide over to the side while you continue to lap us at the 150....

    You are smokin!!

    ReplyDelete