Monday, May 11, 2009

Manic Monday

If I were ever to be a singer/songwriter, I would make sure that I wrote a popular song with a day of the week in the title. Do you ever notice that they play those songs ad nauseum on those days? Case in point, I heard that awful Bangles song twice today, once on my way to swim, once on my way to work. Thank goodness the epic song "Eye of the Tiger" was the last song playing before I got to the pool. Anyway, it was a manic Monday. Nearly everyone at MIT Masters showed up for practice today, and at one point Lane 3 had 7 people in it. Yet just 20 minutes into practice, we were down to just four - we had one lane defection, one "I want to run" and one total disappearance. Bill was ready to go today! Here we go:

150 WU
6 x 50 stroke/free alternate
4 x 75 kick
Three times thru:
100 on 1:15
200 on 3:10
6 x 25
4 x 75 kick
Four times thru:
100 on 2:10
200 on 2:35

At first glance you might say "yikes!" but it's really just a mid-distance sprint set with lots of rest in between. So think of it as 4 x 200 fast. We kept consistent pace, though BB crushed #3 coming in on 2:22 (but then he left too!). I held :30, :27, :29, :29, but really felt it today. Nice job by Dr. Bob and Ian swimming fast. I am not sure how many of the 2:35s I could hold consecutively, so the rest was welcome.

'Til Tuesday (pardon the song pun)

No comments:

Post a Comment