Monday, May 18, 2009

The "L" word


You all know what I am talking about. That elusive thing that we all seek in life. When it happens, it's newness surprises you. It is both fascinating and frightening at the same time. You're hesistant, thinking "can I do this?" Your world has changed. Your reality of yesterday is replaced by the exhilaration of today, yet you dive right in. This crazy little thing we call L, it takes some time to get used to. Yes, it's long course, and it is finally here! Day 1 for most of us, and it really does take time to re-adjust to both the intervals and distance. Bill gave us a nice workout to ease into:

2 x thru
100 drill/stroke on :25r
100 drill/free on :25r
200 kick
5 x 100 on :20r thinking about your stroke
200 kick
400 free on 6:30
2 x 200 IM on :30r
2 x 200 on 3:10
2 x 150 IM
3 x 100 on 1:40
2 x 50 stroke

Even as a huge fan of long course, this was a challenge for me mentally. I forget how much those walls help me to rest on flip turns (maybe I take it too easy on my turns!) But a fine job by all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment