Thursday, May 7, 2009

I think I can, I think I can...


This morning started out nicely, just me and Steve keeping it real in Lane 3. But harsh reality set in when Steve left right after the first part of the main set to go to a meeting, leaving me swimming solo. Yuck! Why even swim with masters if you have to swim alone? Where was everyone? So I had to keep telling myself I could do this, just like the little engine that could. So here is what we (I) did:

300 wu
6 x 50 drill on :60
8 x 50 swim alternate breast and free
400 pull hypoxic 5, 3, 9, 5 or whatever you want
300 pull hypoxic
MAIN
3 times thru
125 on 2:05
125 on 1:55
125 on 1:50
125 on 1:45
125 on 1:50
3 x 25 on :40

My suggestion is to go really easy on the first two and work the next 3. If you don't, it makes the set harder. I adjusted this during the second and third rounds and it made it more interesting. I also had to talk myself out of getting out - it was all I could do to finish this set alone but I did it. "I know I can!"

No swim for me tomorrow, so have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment