Friday, June 12, 2009

Why we love Bill, Vol. 1


There are many reasons why we love our coach, but a short conversation on the pool deck today made me even more appreciative of his coaching style. We had a visitor from Palo Alto today, a guy who swims in this 16 lane outdoor pool, probably with olympians and likely without 30spf. He introduced himself to Bill and asked "are you doing a tempo workout today?" And Bill, in typical Bill fashion, said "sure - we'll do a tempo workout, along with a bunch of other things." He then looked at me and said "I am not sure that I have ever named one of our workouts a tempo workout but what the heck." That there, my friends, is just one example of why Bill rocks the pool.

Workout
150 drill/swim
150 stroke/free
50 free build
50 stroke build
2 x 100 kick
5 x 200 on 3:20
400 pull hypoxic
5 x 150 on 2:30

I think I may be forgetting something. Got to swim with R, J, and K today - very fun. I hope that this awful rain stops soon because our May flowers turned into June showers which turn into huge puddles on Mem drive. Happy weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment