Monday, June 29, 2009

The Party's Ovah


Back to the grind today, both literally (today's workout) and figuratively (work, being responsible, etc). I forgot to ask Dr. Bob today if he could prescribe something for my PVLS: Post-Vacation Letdown Syndrome. I am sure there are a few things that would help this malaise that has suddenly come upon me. The positive news is that it was great to see my lanemates today. Not quite as positive but still okay is that I get to spend this rainy day in my office, warm and dry, checking my 500 emails. In every cloud....

The workout was a grind. Lots of people there today to enjoy it, too.

4 x 50 count strokes
100 50 back 50 choice
4 x 50 drill/swim
100 50 back 50 choice
300 swim :30r
300 pull hypoxic
8 x 100 on 1:40
2 x 50 back
6 x 100 on 1:50
2 x 50 choice
4 x 100 on 2:00
2 x 50 back

The challenge on this set is to not get too bored. We swam the first set even pace, pulled a few of the second set, and with all the rest tried to push the last set. It was hard, and I felt it after being out of practice for over a week. Everyone did great today!

No comments:

Post a Comment