Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Daily Oddservations


The first thing I noticed this morning was that I needed to put a coat on. In July. It does not take a genius to figure out that is weird. The second thing I noticed is that during my pre-workout commute (5:45ish - 6:10am) there were very few people using their phones or bberrys while driving. Most are either still asleep or maybe drinking coffee. But they have nobody to call at that hour, and thus it's a pretty peaceful ride. Fast forward to 8am and it's crazy distracted driver time on the roads. I'd like to know if KBB feels the same way as he bikes in. The possible exception to the above is BB, who is usually asleep at the wheel, his car running, clutching his IPhone in the parking lot. I just hate waking him up. The third terribly strange thing that happened this morning was that I arrived on deck to see Bill there. Yes, Bill, our coach. Coffee in hand, smile on his face, ready for ultra-distance day. Apparently he was so excited about UDD that he pulled an all-nighter. The pool was packed today! Everyone trying to get those last few workouts in before the holiday. MIT is closed all weekend starting Friday, FYI.

2 x 50 count strokes
50 breast
2 x 50 count strokes
50 back
3 x 50 count strokes
50 fly
600 descend by 150 on 9:00 (too fast)
100 easy
600 descend by 200 on 9:45
100 easy
600 negative split on 10:00
100 easy
400 faster than your last 300 (plus 100)
200 fast (R and K special)
warmdown

Did I miss something? It feels like we did more. Swam with BG, BB, R, IW, C2, and MIT swimmer guy. Kind of a mindless set but the descending helped keep us motivated. A special note to recognize IW who looked great on the warmdown set, we were all impressed.

I also noticed that the barge is in the river for the fireworks. And I heard a PSA this morning that the Blue Angels are doing a fly-by today between 1:30-2:30 so don't be scared (unlike the whole White House low flying over Manhattan debacle awhile ago.)

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, I prefer the 5:30 AM commute. Much less craziness. I occasionally see cyclists on PDAs and cell phones too. Just plain stupid. Of course this comes from someone who doesn't like using an iPod, even when running, as I feel it distracts me from the constant war of words between my mind and body.... Mind: "Go faster you *#@$#@!!!" Body: Not only NO, but $#%&@#!!!"

    ReplyDelete