Monday, February 23, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...

...all those who showed up at swimming this morning, for their performance in the epic film "I got out of bed today". We laughed, we cried, it was better than Cats. There was even a villan, which was a disgusting hair ball that seeemed to float right at the end of the lane. In any case, tons of people at the workout today, so much so that Bill had to split Lane 3 into three lanes! While it's to early to say, I think our plan for taking over the pool is working. :)

I think Bill has been watching too many made for TV movies where the mean swim coach paces the deck and uses a whistle for our sendoffs, because we did that today. I think he was channelling my age group coach Skip so perhaps I was a little edgy from the start. Here is the workout:

WU 200
8 x 25 free
6 x 50 IM order
4 x 75 drill, swim, drill
2 x 100 no breathing off turns
Random 25s on the whistle

Main: 8 x 300
1-3: Steady pace on 4:30
4-6 Descend on 4:00
7 easy
8 hard

Steve B and Bob led the first part, holding 1:20s strong. Bob and I led the second part and we pulled - it was very hard to descend these so we more or less stayed consistent and got 5-8 seconds of rest on each. These were tough. 7 was easy, and ended up being our last. I admit I was a little pissy because we didn't finish the set because it started after 7, but I think many were glad we didn't have to do the hard one!

Happy Monday, everyone!

p.s. I am officially off of the "Problem List" and entered into the meet. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment