Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nobody touches baby on the feet

Alrighty then, I think it's best that I post the workout first and then get to the drama. (How's that for an intro that screams read on!)

400 warmup on own
6 x 75 odds 25 free/stroke/free, evens 25 stroke/free/stroke on :20 rest
6 x 25 build to sprint on :30
5 x 50 kick
10 x 25 sprint (with a note on the bottom asking if you paid your fees!)

Main:

9 x 225 going:

3 x 225: 200 work, open turn, get time, 25 easy on 3:30 (descend)
3 x 225: 200 work, open turn, get time, 25 easy on 3:20 (hold steady)
3 x 225: 200 work, open turn, get time, 25 easy on 3:10 (descend)

Today was IW, E, me, and a guest whom we shall call Visitor. V apparently did not receive a few important memos, the first is that warmup is just that - warmup. The second, and slightly more critical memo he didn't get was the one that reminds all of us not to touch E's feet. Well, you know where it goes from here and yes, V touched E's feet during the warmup set. It was all downhill from there - I won't go into details but boys, it was not pretty. ;) Bill, who just LOVES to stir the pot, also wrote said Visitor's name on the sheet instead of one of ours. Ouch.

But, we all recovered from this mini drama and picked it up during the main set. We descended the first three, pulled two of the middle three, and then descended the last three. If you are trying this workout on your own a little advice: you can't go too easy on the first of the 225s on 3:10 or you will be touch and go. Nice work, hard work, today!

Hope to see you all tomorrow - we missed you BB, KBB, K, C, BS, SB, and R.

4 comments:

  1. Great work today... and it's a total mindblower to see everyone in -- warmin' up... and on time. I love it. This lane has gone from being one of the worst to one of the best... but you know the ol' saying...."you're only as good as your last performance" !

    Sidebar: awesome job, and I will add that warm up is warm up... My guess is one doesn't really learn this til they break the 35 year age thing-ee.

    Very proud of all of you... and I am glad that the foot thing didn't turn ugly ! V is a noontime and pm swimmer and is very low maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to add my two cents:

    Word up sistah --

    As far as the foot fetish goes...

    A grab is a grab -- Baby... You gotta take what you can get !!!!

    I'm out... dat's all I'm sayin' !

    ReplyDelete
  3. KBB was TMS today watchin' the water boil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, you guys can tell me the truth. Am I just being too prudish by not letting the new strapping younger lad suck on my toes minutes into our new lane relationship during the entire warm up set? (sigh)
    I just didn't want him to mark me as the lane floozy on the first day anyway. A girls got a reputation to uphold ya know.

    ReplyDelete