Thursday, February 19, 2009

No, I did not have one of those nights!

It all starts with a few sideways glances, then concerned looks, then someone will inevitably say quietly "Are you okay"? This happens more often than I would like. It's called "early morning meeting right after swimming". Yes, my goggle marks are still fresh on my face but I'd like to think I am my usual cheerful self. Apparently I look like I had a rough night with those perfect circles around my eyes. Maybe I will come up with a button or a sign that says: If you did 3600 yards you'd look like this too!

So today was a wee bit sparse in the entire pool, not to mention Lane 3. Just E and me, and it was a nice set. I will admit that I didn't get a ton of sleep so almost fell asleep during the warmup but when I started inhaling water I snapped right out of it.

400 WU on own
300 swim every 3rd 25 kick
200 drill/swim by 50
100 IM
100 swim
4 x 75 count strokes

Main
4 x 50 on :55 descend
500 swim descend w/in each 125 on 8:00
4 x 75 on 1:30 descend
500 steady pace on 8:00
4 x 50 descend on :55
500 fast on 8:00
3600 total

We swam the first one even pace and pulled the second one. Both of us worked the last one and I was happy holding 1:18s. Where is Steve B? Bob S? Carmen? Haven't seen you guys all week.

Special note: Cort said he is so inspired by these workouts that he will be hanging up his bike shoes and joining us. At least that is what I think I heard but I could be wrong because it was really noisy.

A final thank you to Bob B. for filling in yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. You chicks are hot. Are you into feet ?

    you both rock !

    (foot mauler)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, Stinging Bee. This is a family blog, keep it clean or you will be blocked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now KT, Stinging Bee is refreshing! No banning!!

    I held 1:18's on that last 500 only by use of my turbo paddles and pull buoy and swimming like my life depended on it. Wish I could hold that without toys...

    Cort, be a REAL man and show up some morning why don't you? We promise not to eat you alive. Just DON'T TOUCH THE FEET! :-)

    ReplyDelete