Thursday, February 5, 2009

A wee bit of light

I am not sure if everyone noticed this or not, but the sky had a little more light to it this morning just after 6am. That is the hope that February brings - more light each day, more warmth (questionable) and an eye towards Spring.

Bill has been giving us great sets this week, today no exception.

WU 9 x 75 stroke
Main: 12 x 200 (was supposed to be 14 but we ran out of time)
5 x 200 on 3:00
100 easy
3 x 200 on 3:15
100 easy
4 x 200 on 2:50
100 easy

Dr. Bob and Steve swam together and because of time contraints worked the 3:15s and they were flying - I think they were doing 2:30s to 2:35s. Elaine and I worked the 2:50s with the goal of keeping it under 2:40 pace. I ended up doing a :35 (a bit fast for #1), :39, :38 and :37. I wanted to have the last one my fastest, and tried, but could not do it. But I love 200s so was very happy.

Dr. B said he is signing up for the meet! I told him we would all do a lane intervention to make sure he was successful. I'll let him share his own tragic story from the meet last fall (sometimes talking about things helps, Dr. B) but suffice it to say, we'll get you to the lane on time. :)

Out of the mouths of babes: When my niece Celia (2 yrs, 4 mos) saw her baby brother for the first time yesterday in the arms of her mom, she said "baby go bye-bye now?" Poor sweet thing has no idea what is in store for her. I should know - I have two younger brothers myself (love you guys!)and her life will be changed forever. For the good, of course!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah Sista, 3900 total w/o today. Love banking that for February. I felt pretty darn good on the 2:40's, less so on those 5x 200 on 3:00. Go figure.

    Congrats Auntie KT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is more addictive than a lifetime made for television movie, Katie - the drama, the intrigue, even a virtual cameo from your adorable niece! You've inspired me to create a similar one for my aqua jogging class. It'll probably go something like this: "Last week we began class with a memorial service for Mabel, who spent the last 62 years of her 99 year-old life as a member of our aqua jogging team. She wanted her last cross country ski across the diving pool to be her fastest, but could not do it, because she was too busy gabbing about her cataracts with her lane mate, Bertha." LOL - keep up the great work! I'll have to come to a meet sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you mocking me? If so, we have a problem, Houston. In that case, although it's probably a little inappropriate to do this on on my blog: you're fired, unless you agree to bring us all coffee at the swim meet. :)

    ReplyDelete