Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Someone has a case of the Wednesdays!

Where was everyone today? Not just Lane 3 - the whole pool was sparse. I was warming up alone and like a vision sent from heaven, Kim came out of the locker room. If he didn't show up, I would not have lasted.

The set today was a sprint set disguised as a middle distance set. When you see it in writing, you will probably think what we thought - this is easy! But it was not easy, it was really hard. Warm up approx. 1000: 50s, 75s. Main set:

Five times through the following:

150 on 2:25 (we pulled)
100 on 1:15
4 x 25 on :40

Essentially, the whole thing is the 5 x 100 and the rest is recovery. Try it!

I am going to try to post the workouts each day I swim, hopefully 3-4 times per week. (Elaine reminded me that my competition is probably swimming more than that in preparation for the meet in March - nothing like a little nudging to motivate me). When I am not there, post or send me the main set so I can put it up.

Update on WITWICM: I heard his voice yesterday. He is alive, and in NY.

Future Olympian Alert: My sister Carrie is having her baby - hopefully today, it was a long night apparently. The little guy/gal is probably just doing a final hypoxic set before oxygenating.

3 comments:

  1. Ick.. I'm glad I slept in. Me no like that set!! Where o' where are the distance sets Coach William? Congrats on your sis, KT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olympics 2024 Update! My new nephew, Robert Dutch Acey, was born this morning! I already know he will not only be handsome, smart, and athletic but will break all of Michael Phelps' records.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, your nephew doesn't pick up Michael's new habits.

    ReplyDelete