Wednesday, February 25, 2009

From the Observation Deck

My perch on the treadmill gave me perfect view of today's practice. I saw two themes emerge, both of which seem to be reflected in the workout, provided by BB (thanks)! The first was that it appeared to be "Man Day" in Lane 3. BB, C, KBB, SB, I, and P all present. M from lane 4 started out with the men and either left or got run out, and R arrived a bit late and "didn't get a ticket" to Man Day, as she said in the locker room. I wouldn't be suprised if they are all at some pub now having a beer, or at least emailing about power tools or something. Anyway, it also appeared to be "Equipment Day". I saw pull bouys, paddles, kickboards, and fins all over the place. I waited for Bill to pull out the aqua jogging belts or even the safety hook but it never came to that, thankfully. BB, your left arm still comes out of the water in a big way, E even noticed it today.

Ok, enough observation - here is what the men actually did:

300 wu
8x50 mid pool 15rest
3x100 kick fins 15rest
4x75 fly fins 15
2x100 75 spirnt/25ez
400 pull
3x
500 7:15 (cruise 100,200pick up,100 descend 50's, 100descend 25's)
4x25's 35sec

I will definitely try this on my own, it looks great. Everyone looked strong, as always.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Ya BB.. your knuckles are almost scraping the ceiling there with that left arm!
    Figures Bill gives the flipper set AND distance day when I'm treadmill stalking with KT... can we do that tomorrow Coach?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops - my bad. My aqua jogging team must have forgotten to clean up after our last power workout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB - I have to say that I have seen the arm flying by from lane 2 recently... bend that elbow!

    ReplyDelete