Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy February!

Or, if we think of the set today...what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger! Present at practice: Bob S., Bob B., Elaine, Kim, Kevin, Steve, and moi. IM set. 150s, some pull, 200s, total main set 2200, plus warmup 3400ish. Not bad. Everyone was hurting so that is a good sign. Everyone is swimming really strong right now! The only problem with today was that we were divided into two lanes - maybe Bill is trying to break up the band because he senses danger?

Was it just me, or did coach Bill react a little on the nervous side when he found out there was a Lane 3 blog? I think I heard things like "I am not afraid of your blog", and "sticks and stones may break my bones, but blogs will never hurt me". The proverbial chickens have come home to roost, Bill. All of the months of picking on me are "ovah". So, Valentines day is coming up and let's just say I love chocolate and roses. 'Nuff said.

We're going to play a little game called "Where in the World is Carmen Monks"? until said person returns to the pool. It was supposed to be today, but I think he had a little too much Superbowl merriment.

On that note, we were all a little tired today from staying up late to watch the game. I would be remiss not to point out that the whole game came down to (surprise, surprise) two Ohioans saving the day. Big Ben (Miami U, my alma mater) to Santonio Holmes (Ohio State) to win the game.

6 comments:

  1. My Lovely Katie,
    You forgot to mention that James Harrsion, who set a record for the longest play in Super Bowl history, was born in Akron, Ohio ... or as we say in the 'Burgh -- "Ahiya"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric? Who is Eric??? Are you a new lane mate that has passed our very rigid guildlines to join our family and we haven't met yet? If not, too bad. Your missing the fun (IF... we were to let you in of course) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Trigirl ... there's no imminent risk of my becoming anyone's lane mate due to my tendancy to sink and give other people lifesaving practice. Plus I don't smoke pot, which now appears to be a requirement for achieving swimming greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaite,
    I think this is great! Thank you for setting this up. Aside from my concern about Carmen's whereabouts I have been totally distracted about this Michael Phelps pot issue. What's the big deal? Do you think Carmen was at the same party as Michael? Where is Carmen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea Katie. Although I'm not sure all the intralane bashing should be made this public.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, now, who said we were going to be bashing? Ye of little faith. It's "light banter" usually. :) And "public" is debatable...

    ReplyDelete