Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Welcome to Guest Blogger: Bob B!

By way of introduction, our guest blogger today is Bob B. Bob is a former age group swimmer and current Ironman triathlete who recently (as of the start of the blog, coincidentally) left his high powered finance job to work in the "fashion" industry. Bob is one of our lane leaders and his kids are also super fast swimmers (almost faster than Bob!). Bob has picked up a few new hobbies as of late, including karaoke and this new thing called "IM-ing". :) Welcome, Bob!

Ok, I am a bit nervous as this is my first guest blog for Lane 3. Actually, it's my first blog ever!

I feel a lot of pressure so I will start with a quote. It kind of sets the tone for what I needed to remind myself of during our workout.

--"The water is your friend. You don't have to fight with water, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move. " ~Aleksandr Popov Olympic Gold Medalist, Barcelona in the 50 and 100 free.

It was a great group in the lane today; KT, IW, KBB, and myself. There were two other appearances that made it extra special. First, Rachel came back from her honeymoon from Tahiti with a savage tan. She said the pool temp was a bit cold--I don't feel so sorry for her. The long distance award went to Paulo. He's come back for a couple weeks. He mumbled something early on about not feeling in swimming shape. I think it was a set up.

Enough already, with the commentary. Here's the workout.

200 warm up
2 x thru
2x50 drill/free 10 sec rest
100 free 20 sec rest
4x25 kick 10 sec rest

2x50 drill/stroke--this is where KT totally grabbed (not tapped) my feet. Kind of ironic after yesterdays blog. E did you see it from above?
100 stroke 20 sec rest
4x25 kick 10 sec rest

3x150 free 2:10--Paulo looked strong.
3x150 stroke 2:40--I think we lost the Tahitian pseudo newlywed here.
4x50 sprint 1:30--The water is your friend!

150 fast free 2:05--Too much Swiss chocolate for Paulo. He got out to visit with Coach Bill
150 backstroke 2:30
150 pull
150 fast free 2:00---You don 't have to fight with water!
150 backstroke 2:30
150 pull

All in all is was 3150 yards and a pretty good workout. Looking forwad to seeing everybody on Friday.

PS--did you notice KT's new swimsuit. I've read purple is the "in" color of the season.

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of Karaoke, I'm looking forward to your next adventure in this skill you've been hiding from us far too long.
    I'm not sure it will beat "Brandy, your a fine one" though. Thanks for your guest blog entry. I'll give it a solid A-!!!

    If the toe sucker shows up on Friday, I give you permission to pound him. Though I'm pretttty darn sure he ain't comin' back from the look I gave him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although the workout set was only 3150... there was alot of non-free tossed in for good measure... don't forget the benefits of some cross (stroke) training.


    Also: KT's suit was fabulous... she looks like a super model... getting better and better looking as she ages.. which she barely does !

    where is karaoke ? Maybe I want to sing.

    As far as the foot fetish-ist... I don't think you'll be seeing him around in the mornings. I think you scared him off.

    And lastly... surprise dj hosting tomorrow... at WOMR 92.1 FM in Ptown... jazz this friday from 1 to 4pm... rumor has it his radio name is Kennedy Compound ! Kinda like a drag name, but for radio. streaming on the web... www.womr.org Tune in and find out mo-ah !

    stinging bee rules !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the distinct feeling that stinging bee is Coach Bill's alter ego...

    ReplyDelete
  4. KT: you can't have two logon's....

    I am the foot mauler... spying as bill gave me your blog... and I just want to suck Trigirlpink's tender toes !

    lick lick

    ReplyDelete