Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mid distance for Mid Week

Let's get right to it!

WU:
8 x 75 backstroke, breastroke, choice, free
3x50 "over the barrel" ???
3x50 count strokes
Main:
5 x 200 on 3:05
2 x 50
4 x 25 fly
4 x 200 pull on 3:00
2 x 50
4 x 25 fly

There was more, but we did not get to it because we started the main set around 7. The Bobs, KBB, CM, IW, and me today. BB led the first 5 and mixed it up a little because we all got bored, but we forgot to tell IW that, oops! I led the pull and we held 2:35s, nice work everyone.

I have to say it was a tiny bit suspicious that Bill "punished us" today by giving us a fly set for being late to practice. None of us were late! I wonder if we are being picked on? Bill, I think it's true that you tease the people you love most, so you must really, really love lane 3. ;) We probably give him the hardest time, true, but what's more fun than a little coach/swimmer dialogue?

I am getting bored with myself on this blog so we need to spice it up a little. Stay tuned for some guest bloggers, one of whom will post in the next few days. Let's just say that while my musings are fueled by caffeine, his will be fueled by red wine (Martinettis is having a sale, 50% off Italian wine - I saw the sign on the way in today) so it should be interesting, if not fashionable.

2 comments:

  1. I woke up 6 hours late today but still made it to the pool. I would be interested to know why the House of Paine gives different workouts to the AM and noon swimmers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on: ok maybe some of you are actually in the pool at 6:15, but perhaps some are forgetting that you need to get wet. Dry folks from your lane were seen on deck, chatting, at 6:28am. I know I saw one swimmer doing the fly that the coach prescribed... wusses !

    ReplyDelete