Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cant' swim alone

As I sat by the edge of the pool today (which never happens), I thought about all the reasons why I should not get in the water, including my need to prepare for Frankenstorm (I need water! Batteries!) but most importantly because I was not motivated to swim. Sure, I got up and got myself to the pool. But I have done it before - reached the point of jumping in - and bailed. This usually never happens if someone is with me, but when I am alone it's easy to do. As I was mulling this over I heard "Katie, come join me!" It was my friend Christian, who I had not seen in awhile. I went from unmotivated to motivated in an instant, and jumped in with him. Thankfully, he was having an "easy day" so I could do the workout with him. What is funny about all of this is that most people swim alone because it's easy to do, but for me it is a social endeavor. Lesson learned. Our workout was very simple, but fun.

10 x 200 on 2:55 keep pace
10 x 50 alternate sprint/easy
300 pull keep pace 4:30
200 ascend by 50

No comments:

Post a Comment