Friday, October 26, 2012

Swimming is not Pretty

The problem with having a meeting first thing in the morning after swimming is that people often look askance at you. Case in point, this morning's meeting, where I got the sense that my colleagues were planning an intervention because I looked like I had been crying all night. Truth is, in a person over the age of 30, the goggle marks take a little while to disappear, so one is left with dark rings around your eyes that appear to be either "I had a bad night" related or tear-induced, neither of which was the case. I also did not have time to apply makeup under the eyes as I often do with early meetings. I am usually good at getting out in front of the issue before they attempt to call an expert to deal with me - "don't worry, everyone, those marks on my face are from my goggles - I am fine!"- but this morning I forgot. And yes, it works both ways. If I have had a bit too much vino (rarely the case of course), then I blame my goggles. Swimming is an all-purpose excuse.

200 warmup
4 x 100 going right arm, left arm, catch up, swim
4 x 150 going:
1-2 gallop 50, build 100
3-4 100 kick, 50 stroke build
10 x 100
odds on 1:30
evens on 1:20
8 x 75
odds on 1:10
evens on :60
6 x 50
odds on :50
evens on :40

Great to swim with the Bobs today, BB and Dr. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment